Sunday, December 19, 2010

The riding pant

As an avid equestrian, I have to bring up the obvious--the riding pant.  This trend is very popular right now, especially when worn with winter boots that look shockingly similar to the custom-made Vogel riding boots with the punched toe that I have in my closet.  I have to admit, I have a love/hate relationship with this look.  From a fashion standpoint, I have a soft spot for the classy yet sexy ensemble.  It's simultaneously traditional and trendy, and can be worn very differently depending on what top and accessories it is paired with.  As an equestrian, I kind of hate this look.  I mean, I've been wearing this outfit almost every weekend since I was 7 years old...where's my credit!?  I used to be embarrassed to walk into the grocery store after a long day of horse showing while sporting my sleek Tailored Sportsmans and black leather tall boots.   It gives off an almost impostor-like vibe to me--you don't ride horses, but you want the world to think you do.
Admittedly, these Zara riding pants make a nice sharp outfit.
The upside is that if I ever decide to hop on the bandwagon, I already have the look in my closet!  Proof: a picture of me wearing an eerily similar outfit to the one above.
Sidenote:  A few years ago the trend of colored riding pants hit the equestrian scene.  I have to admit, I love my navy blue pair.  Do you think this will hit the fashion world, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment