Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to the Basics

"I think the market is saturated with shoes that are overdone.  It's almost like eating too much candy; eventually you want to come down from the sugar high."  These wise words come from shoe designer Edmundo Castillo.  Everywhere you look today--in magazines, on the runway, even out on the streets--footwear has become more complicated, detailed, and harder to walk in.  Don't get me wrong, I do love a great pair of extravagant heels, but it's extremely refreshing to see a new designer who wants to return to simplistic elegance.  It's one thing to look great in a store window or on a runway, but wearability is always going to be an important factor when I'm shoe shopping.
So I thank you, Mr. Castillo, for embracing pointy pumps and classic, beautiful, wearable shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment